Custom Hydraulic Cylinder Fabrication
Have you ever wondered what goes into the making of custom hydraulic cylinders? From design to fabrication to performance testing and delivery, it takes a dedicated team of professionals working together to create the highest quality products.
HYSECO, Inc. is committed to excellence in every product we make, providing our customers with durable custom solutions designed specifically for their needs. Our comprehensive approach allows us to manufacture custom cylinders made to order and crafted carefully.
What are Hydraulic Cylinders?
A hydraulic cylinder is a mechanical device that uses pressurized hydraulic fluid to generate a force in a linear motion. It is used in a variety of applications, such as:
- Lifting Load
- Pushing and pulling objects
- Controlling the direction of the movement
- Providing adjustable positioning
Some common uses for these cylinders include material handling equipment, construction machinery, automotive production lines, and manufacturing assembly systems.
These cylinders typically consist of the following:
- A housing (called the cylinder barrel)
- A piston rod
- End caps (or heads) at the either end of the cylinder barrel
The piston rod is connected to the end cap to move back and forth within the cylinder barrel when pressurized hydraulic fluid is introduced into it. This process creates a force that can be used for various operations. The cylinder heads contain seals that help create a pressure-proof seal and a rod wiper to keep contaminants and dirt away from the moving parts of the cylinder.
Types of Hydraulic Cylinders
Hydraulic cylinders are one of the most important components in hydraulic systems and come in various types, designs, sizes, and functions.
- Single Acting Cylinders: These are the most common type and can only extend and retract as a pressurized fluid powers them on one side of the piston. Single-acting cylinders are typically used in applications requiring force from a single direction, such as jacks or presses.
- Double Acting Cylinders: These offer two-way force and require pressurized fluid on both sides of the piston for operation. It’s not uncommon for double-acting cylinders to be paired with valves that control fluid flow between the two sides, allowing for precise control over load speed and position. This type of cylinder is commonly found in lifting equipment and industrial machinery, where accurate control and positioning are needed.
- Tie-Rod Cylinders: These cylinders are often used in the industrial and manufacturing sectors. Made up of threaded steel rods, they help hold the cylinder's end caps firmly in place. This prevents any possible leakage of fluid and offers better performance
- Welded Rod Cylinders: These are designed for compact yet robust cylinder construction applications. This type of cylinder is created by welding end caps directly to the barrel, making it difficult to assemble and disassemble. They can also be adapted for mobile applications due to their high bearing lengths and excellent duty cycles.
- Telescopic Cylinders: These are used to extend and retract long distances. The cylinder extends when pressurized hydraulic fluid is applied to the innermost tube. This causes all other tubes to move outward at the same time, thus extending their reach. To retract it, pressure is released from the innermost tube, which causes all other tubes to move inward simultaneously, thus reducing its length.
- Custom built hydraulic cylinders: These are available for those who require more specialized designs for their hydraulic needs. Depending on your specific requirements, they can be made with various materials and sizes, allowing you to create an ideally suited cylinder for your application.
We are your leading custom hydraulic cylinder fabricators
At HYSECO, Inc., we specialize in designing and fabricating custom hydraulic cylinders that can meet demanding specifications while providing reliable performance and quality craftsmanship.From custom design for different dimensions to multiple cylinder configurations, our extensive experience in hydraulic systems allows us to create a product that will deliver maximum efficiency for your applications. Contact us or request a quote today to get started with your project.